The Health Quality Council (HQC) is seeking a Patient Engagement Specialist. HQC is involved in a partnership with several health and advanced education organizations to support patient-oriented research in the province: the Saskatchewan Centre for Patient-Oriented Research (SCPOR).
The Patient Engagement Specialist is based at HQC and works with all SCPOR partners to coordinate efforts to recruit, train and support multidisciplinary teams to engage in patient-oriented research.
Under the general direction of the Platform Lead, and as the provincial contact for clients of the SUPPORT Unit who wish to engage in patient-oriented research, the Patient Engagement Specialist will:
- Build awareness about patient-oriented research
- Assist in recruitment of patients to be on research teams in partnership with, for example, Provincial Patient & Family Centred Care Guiding Coalition, health region regional patient advisory councils, and local patient groups
- Deliver orientation and training sessions as required
- Provide support to SCPOR partners engaging in patient-orientated research by, for example, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and ensuring that patients are reimbursed and compensated according to guidelines, etc.
- Ensure that evaluation of patient engagement is conducted using standardized tools
- Implement and support the Better Impact and Patient & Family Advisor Database
- Liaise with the Provincial Patient and Family-Centered Care Guiding Coalition and Provincial Patient and Family Advisor Network to promote patient-oriented research.
The above should be viewed as the major pieces of initial work that the role will be responsible for, these will be supplemented with additional responsibilities to support the Patient Engagement Platform as the program progresses.
Note: The Patient Engagement Specialist is required to work 3-5 days in Regina, SK per month.
Applications close on June 4th at 4PM.
The HQC is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Canada. Employees must also provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Posting # 19-06
This position wil remain open until: 06/04/2019