The Health Quality Council (HQC), a key partner within Saskatchewan’s health care system, works closely with the Saskatchewan Health Authority, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Ministry of Health, and health providers to make care better and safer for patients across our province.
HQC is seeking a full time Accounting Assistant to join our team. This position is responsible for providing support to the Accountant and Director of Finance and Corporate Services. We require a self-motivated and extremely organized individual who is prepared to handle a variety of accounting functions and responsibilities to ensure that accurate, timely financial management and reporting is provided to the organization.
- Work concurrently on multiple project tasks and assignments, all requiring timely and accurate services;
- Assist with the creation of project reporting;
- Reconcile vendor account statements on a monthly basis;
- Maintain internal filing system;
- Data entry;
- Photocopy project support documentation;
- Prepare deposits, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, allocations, and code invoices;
- Maintain office petty cash;
- Other duties may also include preparation of charts/graphs, vendor invoices, payment inquiries, and bank deposits;
- Carry out additional work-related duties assigned by the employer that are related to the job description or are shared/rotated amongst the staff
Education and Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have an accounting diploma or certificate from a recognized institute
- 3 to 5 years working in an accounting environment
- Above average knowledge and demonstrated experience with various office software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Some demonstrated knowledge required in Sage ACCPAC accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
HQC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Health Quality Council thanks all candidates who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Canada. Employees must also provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting Job Posting # 18-06
This position wil remain open until: 11/23/2018