At the Health Quality Council (HQC), we are guided by a strategy for working with organizations and patients in Saskatchewan to accelerate improvements in health care quality and safety. Our three-year strategic plan, released in October 2016, includes four priorities for continuing to make health care better and safer:
- Integrate patients and families as partners in all aspects of health care
- Build learning systems to spread knowledge on improving health care quality and safety
- Measure health care outcomes and processes to generate evidence for decision making
- Drive improvements in health care quality and safety by spreading best practices, ideas, and innovations
How we add value to the health system
HQC accelerates improvement of health and health care across Saskatchewan. We do this by building improvement capability and spreading innovation throughout the province, through education, improvement initiatives, and research.
Our mission is to accelerate improvement in the quality of health care throughout Saskatchewan.
Our vision is the highest quality of health care for everyone, every time.
Our values and principles
- Create meaningful connections
- Spread passion for learning
- Work to make a difference
We demonstrate these values through the following principles
- Put the patient first
- Respect every individual
- Know and do what is right
- Think scientifically
- Be optimistic
- Add value every day
- Be accountable